Freight Delivery FAQ's
Truck Deliveries are only available for the Continental United States
How do I know if a product requires freight delivery?
All stock numbers that begin with the letter ' T ' (example T1326416) must ship truck freight.
What is freight delivery?
Freight delivery means your product will be shipped and arrive via a large truck. Freight delivery is used when the size and/or weight of the product is too large to ship using small package carriers (UPS, FedEx). Residential freight delivery usually does not provide for the unloading and/or movement of the product(s) purchased from the truck.
Curbside Residential Freight Delivery
Trailer Parts Superstore® provides Curbside Freight Delivery by contracted freight carriers, which is the standard shipping method for items that are too large or heavy for shipment with normal package carriers. These deliveries require someone to be present during delivery and are made during normal business hours. The carrier will call you in advance to schedule a convenient delivery time.
What you should know:
- Your order will arrive approximately 5-7 business days from the shipping date.
- Deliveries are made via truck Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Curbside deliveries are made to the driveway outside the house.
- The delivery agent may require assistance for bulkier items. Transporting the item into the home or other area is the customer's responsibility. Individual drivers may provide some assistance, but we cannot guarantee this additional service.
- Delivery agents are not equipped to dispose of packaging materials.
- Please note the street of access must be at least 10 feet wide with an overhead clearance of at least 14 feet. If the street is smaller than this, additional handling charges may apply.
What to do upon delivery:
Most important is to inspect the package at the time of delivery and before you sign the carrier’s delivery receipt.
- Are all pieces accounted for?
It is your responsibility to check that all items are correct and all pieces accounted for before you sign. If a box is missing, you may accept the delivered pieces, make a note of the shortage on the delivery receipt, and contact our Customer Service Department to locate the missing item(s).
- Are the boxes or product(s) damaged?
You may choose to refuse the delivery if there is unacceptable damage to your item(s). If you choose to refuse the delivery, you must note the damages on the delivery receipt. Please contact Customer Service to notify us of the refusal. If only part of an item is damaged, you may accept the order, record the damages on the carrier’s delivery receipt, and contact us. We may be able to replace damaged pieces. If a damaged item arrives outside of our business hours, please contact us on the next business day. We will request that any replacement item(s) be sent to you promptly and free of charge.
Once you have signed the delivery receipt, including any notation of damage, make sure to ask the freight carrier for a copy of the delivery receipt. Also, record the freight company's name and trailer number so we may track the order back to our vendor or warehouse. If you discover damages after the delivery is complete, please contact our Customer Service Department within 24 hours so that we may resolve the situation immediately.