NEW DESIGN! The "G5" S.S. Disc Brake kit from Tie Down Engineering replaces 10" Drum Brakes and mounts to the existing 4-hole axle brake flange. Includes single piston aluminum caliper, patented bi-metal aluminum/ stainless piston, oil impregnated bronze bushings, ceramic pads with stainless steel backing plates, stainless steel slider pins, bearings and seals, galvanized mounting bracket and complete installation instructions.
(Kit is for one wheel)
The NEW "G5" S.S. Disc Brake Features Include:
• All aluminum Caliper: 380 series, sheds heat 5 times faster than cast iron calipers.
• Ceramic Pads: Floating ceramic pads with stainless steel backing plates. Improved wear over organic pads. LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY.
• Stainless Steel Rotor with Venting Holes: New laser cut venting holes assist in faster cooling.
• Slim Design: Allows short axle overhangs and provides direct brake line routing back to the axle.
• Bi-Metal Piston: Combines a stainless steel outer piston with an aluminum inner sleeve to shed braking heat fast. The stainless steel outer piston will not rust or corrode.
• Oversize Rubber Boot: 50% thicker by design to provide a positive and faster piston withdraw.
• Rotating Swivel Connector: Swivel brake line connector allows for convenient brake line placement.
• Stainless Steel Caliper Pins with Oil Impregnated Bronze Bushings: Allows caliper to float freely and ensures proper alignment during installation and will not rust or corrode.
• Vented Caliper Housing: Improves heat dissipation and decreases pad wear.
• One Piece Stainless Steel Bleeder Valve: Will not corrode and allows for easier bleeding of the brake system.
• Square O-Ring with Slant Edge: Helps retract piston away from the rotor when fluid pressure is released. Provides better protection from contamination of brake fluid.
Always use High-Temp. Marine Bearing Grease with disc brakes due to the higher operating temperatures as compared to drum brakes.
ROTOR DIAMETER: 9.6" (0.315" Thickness)
REPLACES DRUM DIAMETER: 10"
BEARING SIZE: 1-3/8" x 1-1/16" (Bearings Included)
# OF STUDS: 5
BOLT CIRCLE: 4-1/2" (For 13", 14" and 15" Wheels)
AXLE RATING: 3500 lbs.
• TIE DOWN ENGINEERING DISC BRAKES ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE USED WITH ELECTRIC-OVER-HYDRAULIC BRAKE ACTUATORS THAT PRODUCE MORE THAN 1000 PSI
• TIE DOWN ENGINEERING DOES NOT RECOMMEND THE USE OF BEARING PROTECTORS ON DISC-BRAKE ASSEMBLIES