The tailgate air cylinder is designed to allow remote cab opening and closing of the tailgate locking mechanism on a dump body.
- 300 service stainless steel cylinder shafts provide excellent corrosion resistance and extended cycle life -cylinders tested to over 500000 cycles.
- Lightweight, corrosion resistant aluminum cylinder tube with die cast aluminum end caps.
- Rear clevis cast as integral part of the rear cover for improved durability and mounting integrity.
- Double acting, Emralon-coated piston cup assures smooth long lasting operation even in cold weather conditions (to - 40°)
- Front end cap assembly includes pressure seal, dirt seal and oil impregnated bronze bushing
- All cylinders are factory pressure and leak tested prior to shipping
Air Cylinder Specifications
- Diameter: 3.50"
- Stroke: 6.68"
- Retracted Length: 13.60"
- Extended Length: 20.28"
- Shaft size: 3/4"
- Shaft thread: 5/8"-18
- Thrust @ 100 psi: 962 lbs.
- Draw @ 100 psi: 918 lbs.
- Cylinder Type: Push-Pull
VelVac part # 100131